- The Holocaust Memorial will be built in Kyiv: the concept of memorialization of Babyn Yar was presented
- At least 4 dead in terror attack near Vienna synagogue
- Norman Naimark joined the Scientific Council of the Babyn Yar Holocaust Memorial Center
- Nearly 80 years after the Babyn Yar massacre, Ukrainian researchers lift victims out of anonymity
- Names and Numbers of Righteous Among the Nations - per Country, as of January 1, 2020
PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Seven people from Clark County were arrested by Lincoln City police for rioting after launching illegal fireworks and yelling racial slurs at a Black family on the 4th of July.
Around 9:30 p.m. officers were sent to the Inn at Spanish Head on the oceach beach area about the disturbance being caused. The first officers arrived on their beach ATV and were surrounded by “about 10 people who began taunting and challenging” the officers, police said.
More police arrived and learned this same group of people also taunted and challenged a Black family staying at the inn and used Nazi salutes toward them. Officers stepped between the group and the family, which allowed the family to go back to their room, officials said.
As this was going on, police said they saw people in the group fire off large, illegal aerial fireworks.
Gennadiy Kachankov, 30; Antoliy Kachankov, 28; Andrey Zaytsev, 28; Oleg Saranchuk, 45; Ruslan Tkachenko, 22; and Yuriy Kachankov, 30. Another man who refused to give a name and had no ID was also arrested.
In May of 2019, Gennadiy Kachankov was arrested for allegedly stabbing a man in Battle Ground.
All are charged with riot, interfering with police, disorderly conduct, harassment, possession of illegal fireworks and offensive littering. Yuriy Kachankov is also charged with resisting arrest.
All were cited and later released.