XIth Congress of the European Association for Jewish Studies 2018 will take place in 2018, July 15-19, 2018, Krakow, Poland.
The keynote theme of the XIth Congress is: Searching for Roots of Jewish Traditions.
The Congress is organised by the Institute of Jewish Studies, Jagiellonian University in cooperation with the Alef Foundation and with the kind support of institutions and foundations.
- Ancient Jewish History and Archeology
- Hebrew Bible
- Talmud, Midrash and Rabbinics
- Medieval and Early Modern Jewish History
- Medieval Jewish Philosophy
- Hebrew Manuscripts
- Modern Jewish History
- Contemporary Jewish History
- Jewish Mysticism
- Jewish Thought and Philosophy
Modern Hebrew Literature
Jewish Culture and Arts
Jewish History in Central-Eastern Europe
Southeastern European Jewish History and Culture
Libraries, Archives and New Technologies
Contemporary Jewish History and History of Israel
1. Jewish Medicine
2. Ancient Palestinian Numismatics
3. Jews and non-Jews in Local Government in the Habsburg Empire (XIX-XXc.)
Congress programme may be extended by additional panels focused on topics of special interest. In order to organize such a track, interested coordinator should find at least five prospective participants and present the proposal to the Organizing Committee for formal approval. Selection of papers, coordination and supervising the panel during the Congress lies with the coordinator.